Thursday, December 1, 2011

Secrets of the Woods--Part 3

Dimitri was frozen as if in a trance. She was exactly what he'd been looking for! He had found her! She questioned him with her innocent eyes but said nothing." I'll have to move fast," he thought to himself. "She's already starting to change...." He tried to move his horse forward but the white wolf stood and glared at him menacingly. He paused, hearing a growl from Hunter as well.
"No Hunter!" He snapped. The girl's eyes glanced at his dog as he sat. She showed little interest. Her eyes were more focused on him. He smiled to himself hoping this would be easier  then he'd initially thought.




He dismounted sending the wolf into a frenzy. He froze while the wolf bared her teeth and made wild angry noises at him. He glanced at the girl who simply watched her "pet" threaten him.
"Uh if you could...please..." He started. She glared slightly.
"You have invaded my home, not the other way around." She said. Her voice was smooth and musical, almost soothing like hearing the waves dancing along in the moonlight. He shook his head not wanting to lose his concentration. Glancing at the sky he calculated the time he had left before sundown. 2 hours. He had to hurry.
"I beg you pardon m'lady. I meant no disrespect." He said turning on his charm. She raised an eyebrow, seeming to weigh what he said. She turned to the wolf and spoke calmly.
"Quatica, kuzira." she spoke. The wolf stopped and sat, though continued to glare at Dimitri.



Dimitri approached her slowly.
"Well what?" She asked as he came closer. "What is it you want?" She crabbed at him. The time on land had made her irritable
"My name is Dimitri Hordenal." He began quickly. "I live just outside the woods, and have my whole life. Never before have I come upon such as you. Pray, tell me your name?" He said smiling his disarming smile. It worked for she seemed to relax.
"Marina." She said, her eyes glued to his. She watched his eyes light up at her name. She couldn't help but feel drawn to the manliness of him and energetic pull from his beautiful green eyes. He was damn near irresistable.


"What brings you here? How'd you find me?" She asked. He motioned to his dog.
"Hunter has a way of finding unexpected things." He smiled.
"So I'm a thing am I?" She retorted. He laughed.
"Hardly." She smiled back. "Listen, perhaps I could offer you a place to stay? It's not much but there's a stable for your..." He hesitated looking at the blue 'horse'. "Your....horse, and housing for your wolf." He said glancing at Quatica who snorted in response. "There's a spare room and a lovely garden I made in the back. You're welcome to stay." He said, his charm working overtime. She looked troubled at first, but finally smiled and agreed.
"Ok that sounds great."



With those words he let out the breath he was holding. He had no trouble talking her into staying...but once he had her there the real work would begin............

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! What is this man planning!?! Poor Marina never experiencing people like this before has NO idea what to expect. Please listen to Quatica! She has her suspicions for a reason! This man is up to something and CANNOT be trusted.

    You're weaving this suspense earlier! The hinting and the almost there is killing me! I'm gonna just hope he has good intentions and I'm panicking for no reason. But this "real work" thing has me thinking!

    Loving this!

    ReplyDelete